Here is a stunning vintage and rare Gretsch.
Boasting all the standard features of the 6193 model for 1959 (two Filtertrons, two volumes master knobs, tone and pickup selector switches, Grover Imperial stairstep tuners, 'space-roller' bridge, etc.) this guitar has countless original appointments. G-cutout tailpiece, 'neo-classic' ebony fretboard with thumbprint inlays, G/arrow knobs. Everything is 100% original, in excellent condition. No heavy dings, no heavy wear. Wonderful patina with the desired standard lacquer checking and cracking, overall just a great collector's guitar.
- This 1959 Gretsch guitar is model number 6193, and is S/N: 31008.
- It weighs 8.2 lbs
- All original parts, newer period correct Grover Imperial Stairstep Tuners were installed many years ago, and most of the original tuner parts are also included as shown.
- PAF (Patent Applied For) Filtertron Pickups
- Blonde Spruce Top and Flamed Maple Back
- Receipt from original owner from 1988 showing a neck reset and re-fret, etc in 1988 (imagine what that cost is today!)
- Minor fretwear since then as shown, this guitar has just been completely set up, and restrung professionally by our tech with nice low action, a real pleasure to play, and no known issues.
- Binding is in good condition, some wear on the thumbprint fretmarkers as shown
- Original finish
- 25 1/2" scale length
- Ebony fretboard and headplate
- 2 3/4" body thickness
- Space Control Roller bridge and G Tailpiece
- *Buyer has option of original case or brand new deluxe made in Canada locking hardshell case as shown
*It comes with the original case that does show its age, and although this case functions ok, it does have that old smell and wear to it. We are also showing a brand new deluxe, made in Canada case with this guitar, we will leave it up to the buyer to decide which they prefer. An exceptional guitar, rare and beautiful, with that great Gretsch sound, style and circuitry, but with a unique look and personality all its own, with a great original natural blond finish and a fantastic flamed maple body.
** Shipping includes full insurance and will be professionally packaged for safe transit as all of our instruments are, and we are THE authorized Gretsch Dealer and Service Center for our region!